COVID-19 Related Closures & Restrictions
Map 0, Edition 30
Jul. 6 2021
This page only outlines trail restrictions related to COVID-19.
Please also visit our main Trail Changes & Notices page
for non-COVID-19 related trail changes:
Updated July 6, 2021
Latest updates marked *NEW*
Most of the Bruce Trail is open.
As parks, conservation areas, municipalities and other landowners make changes to the status of their land and facilities, we will update this page. It is best to visit the websites or social media accounts of these organizations directly for the latest on closures or changes to access.
Trail changes are updated in the Bruce Trail App as soon as possible.
- Where the trail is open: Hike Safely & Responsibly
- Most onsite facilities (including public washrooms) are closed even where trails are open.
- Where the Bruce Trail remains closed, please do not park on nearby roads, move gates or barriers, or hop fences, as these actions are illegal.
CLOSURES & RESTRICTIONS
in place as of June 9, 2021:
Latest updates marked *NEW*
- See our Reservations Required page for a summary of all areas currently requiring reservations for parking/day-use.
(Queenston to Grimsby)
- City of St. Catharines: Morningstar Mill & its access to Decew Falls and Bruce Trail remains closed. Morningstar Mill Side Trail closed. (Closure began June 19, 2020).
(Grimsby to Kelso)
- City of Hamilton: All Escarpment stairs closed except for 'essential travel'. Bylaw officers may be on site.
- Hamilton Conservation Authority:
Some Conservation Areas or parking lots may close for the day if capacity is reached.
- SPENCER GORGE CA:
- Online Reservations required for Webster Falls, Tew Falls & Dundas Peak
- There is no trail linkage between Tew Falls and Webster Falls.
- Glen Ferguson Side Trail is one-way to allow for a one-way loop from Tews Falls to Dundas Peak and back.
- Tews Falls Side Trail between Dundas Peak and Sydenham Road remains closed.
DUNDAS VALLEY CA:
- No parking on Governor's Road. Signs & bylaw enforcement in place. (Roadside parking shown on Map 8, km 53.1 is no longer permitted).
- No Overnight Rest Area at Trail Centre.
- One hour parking limit.
- Conservation Halton: Mount Nemo, Rattlesnake Point and Crawford Lake CAs open by online reservation.
(Kelso to Cheltenham)
- Conservation Halton: Hilton Falls CA open by online reservation.
- Credit Valley Conservation: Limehouse CA, Terra Cotta CA & Silver Creek CA open (visitor and parking capacity limits in effect).
TERRA COTTA CA:
- Overnight Rest Area closed until further notice.
Caledon Hills Section
(Cheltenham to Mono Centre)
- Credit Valley Conservation:
- Closed throughout 2021 for restoration. To learn more, visit cvc.ca/bcmp
- The western portion of the Trimble Side Trail will be closed where it meets the Crow's Nest Side Trail. The Crow's Nest Side Trail and the eastern portion of the Trimble Side Trail will remain open. See map >
*NEW* CHELTENHAM BADLANDS CA:
- Open. Reservations required: https://cvc.ca/news/story/parkconditionsupdate/
- Ontario Parks (Forks of the Credit Provincial Park):
Parking reservations instituted Jun 7: https://brucetrail.org/trail_changes/443
Dufferin Hi-Land Section
(Mono Centre to Lavender)
- Ontario Parks (Mono Cliffs Provincial Park):
Parking reservations instituted Jun 7: https://brucetrail.org/trail_changes/444
Blue Mountains Section
(Lavender to Craigleith)
- New No Parking Areas in Town of the Blue Mountains (in place until October):
12th Sideroad - both sides from Grey Road 19 to 4th line
3rd line - both sides from Grey Road 119 to 12th Sideroad
6th Sideroad - both sides from 3rd line for 1,420 metres east
4th Line - Both sides from 21st Sideroad to Osprey-Blue Mountains Townline
2nd Line - Both sides south of Grey Road 19
3rd Line - Both side south of Grey Road 19
Northmount Crescent - Both sides north of Grey Road 19 for 150 metres
Osler Lane - Both sides north of Northmount Crescent
Pretty River Road - Both sides from Osprey-Blue Mountains Townline to Blue Mountains-Clearview Townline
Dawson Lane - East side for the full length of the road
These areas are found on Bruce Trail Reference Maps 23 & 24.
Parking by-law amendment of the Town of The Blue Mountains: https://pub-bluemountains.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=1589 (Indicates restrictions in place until April 2021, but this has been extended to October 2021)
Beaver Valley Section
(Craigleith to Blantyre)
- No COVID-19 related closures. Check for non-COVID-19 related trail closures here >
(Blantyre to Wiarton)
- Walters Creek Side Trail and a portion of the main Trail north of Townline Rd. closed. See map.
(Note: Closure of Walter's Falls Side Trail lifted, Feb. 18, 2021)
(Wiarton to Tobermory)
- *NEW*Bruce Peninsula National Park:
Some facilities remain closed. See what's open & closed at the park >
Parking reservations are required for the Grotto and Halfway Log Dump.
**Book parking for the Grotto and Halfway Log Dump in advance. Other first-come, first served parking lots in the park fill early each morning. Once parking lots are full, there is no other access to the park. We do not recommend travelling to the park without a reservation.**
Camping reservations are required for front country and back country camping at Bruce Peninsula National Park.