Request for Proposal
Requested by the Bruce Trail Conservancy
Submission Deadline: May 2, 2022
The Bruce Trail Conservancy (BTC) is seeking proposals from experienced and qualified firms (hereinafter referred to as "vendor") offering a digital asset management solution for the BTC’s digital media files.
Currently, the BTC uses a cloud based system for storing digital assets, and a local drive. The new digital asset management (DAM) solution, from the successful vendor, will be the central repository for all digital media files for the BTC. This single source of imagery, as well as finished video and design elements, will seamlessly integrate into website assets and other digital communication channels in order to keep our materials up to date and organized. As a non-profit organization, the BTC looks forward to finding a DAM platform that will improve workflows, and the ability to complete projects efficiently and effectively, and that is cost sensitive.
Media is currently created on several platforms throughout the BTC, ranging from video, to graphic (CANVA), photography, written and other digital assets, and custom-created media. The new DAM system will be the single storage point for all media assets as our many departments with the BTC continue to purchase and create such media.
About the Bruce Trail Conservancy
The Bruce Trail Conservancy is one of Ontario’s largest land trusts and the steward of Canada’s longest marked footpath.
We actively preserve and care for land within the Niagara Escarpment UNESCO World Biosphere to protect its ecosystems for the benefit of all. We responsibly connect people to nature through the Bruce Trail and our protected natural areas.
We are a member-driven, volunteer-based, charitable organization, governed by a 19-member board of directors. Working with each of the nine Bruce Trail Clubs, we are committed to caring for the Bruce Trail and to preserving land along its route.
Preserving a ribbon of wilderness, for everyone, forever.
The Bruce Trail secured within a permanently protected natural corridor along the Niagara Escarpment.
Scope of the Request for Proposal
The purpose of this request for proposal (RFP) is to solicit proposals from vendors interested in providing a Digital Asset Management solution. The overall scope resulting from this RFP may include but shall not be limited to:
- A Digital Asset Management software solution (“Solution”) featuring the following:
- A user-friendly interface
- Simple sharing method via links & publicly viewable galleries
- On-site storage of assets, or scheduled full backups to on-site storage (note: an on-premises or cloud solution may be considered)
- Integration with WordPress and Adobe products
- Integrated facial recognition, and other meta-tagging opportunities
- Related implementation, DAM system migration, and training services
- Go-live support and post go-live on-call consulting and solution optimization services
- Any hardware, equipment, and/or supplies required to meet the functional and technical requirements
- Any additional items available from the vendor not specifically included in the scope of this RFP that are tangential to, or used in conjunction with, the Solution
Vendors must demonstrate an understanding of the project, the ability to accomplish the tasks, and must include information that will enable the BTC to determine the proposer's overall qualifications.
Vendors shall include a separate Financial Proposal which addresses the following:
- Costs for software subscription, including volume discounts.
- Clearly indicate an applicable cost model.
- This may include but not be limited to a Base licensing cost, Cost per User, Cost per Concurrent User, Cost per Asset/Data Volume, etc.
- Provide a line-item breakout of all start-up costs associated with the proposed solution, including implementation and data migration services and / or ongoing professional services.
- Provide a line-item break out of all costs for initial training and project management costs, including any associated fee (i.e. travel).
- Provide a line-item breakout for any ongoing training.
- Provide details of any discounts the Bruce Trail Conservancy is eligible to receive.
All proposals will be evaluated by a selection committee, using the specific evaluation criteria listed in the table below. Each criterion has been assigned a point value. The evaluation committee will conduct a comprehensive review and analysis of the received proposals and recommend which proposals are the most advantageous to the needs of the BTC.
Communication and Proposal Submission
All communications between the BTC and prospective vendors is to be in written format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vendors are to submit their proposal electronically to email@example.com by May 2, 2022.
Volunteers also play a key role in our conservation and trail work. Check out BTC Volunteer Opportunities and choose from a variety of outdoor and indoor opportunities with various levels of commitment.