Job Position: Development Officer
Location: 55 Head St, Suite 101, Dundas, Ontario
Start Date: Immediate
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30
The Bruce Trail Conservancy (BTC) is seeking a self-motivated individual who has an extensive background in fundraising, grant writing and donor recognition. The BTC uses Raiser’s Edge to track all fundraising data and provide accurate reports on the success of our fundraising program.
The Bruce Trail Conservancy is one of Ontario’s largest and most active land trusts, committed to securing, conserving, and maintaining the Bruce Trail within a permanently protected natural corridor along the Niagara Escarpment.
The Bruce Trail Conservancy offers a dynamic, fast paced, collegial work environment where creativity, initiative, personal commitment to excellence, collaboration and teamwork are highly valued. Join our team of dedicated professionals in achieving our bold goals that will ensure we are able to preserve a ribbon of wilderness for everyone, forever. The Bruce Trail Conservancy offers a generous benefits package and a competitive salary structure.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Initiate, support and participate in BTC fundraising activities, including cultivation of donors, to generate funds for BTC annual programs and operations; support land acquisition funding
- Nurture and grow the monthly giving program
- Coordinate all fundraising initiatives relating to charitable Foundations
- Research, coordinate and apply for grants, and complete all required reporting
- Deliver the Donor Recognition program including liaising with donors and coordinating donor recognition events
- Assist with acquisition of sponsorships, third party and peer to peer fundraising
- Support all fundraising events
- Strong interpersonal skills to build effective collaborative relationships with staff, volunteers and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated track record of achievement related to annual giving, operational funding, monthly giving and grant writing
- 5+ years relevant, progressive experience in fundraising
- Post-Secondary Education with University Degree preferred; equivalent related experience will be considered
- High familiarity with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Some experience with Raiser’s Edge would be an asset
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Friday August 9th attention to Jackie Randle.