Job Position: Office Assistant – 3-month contract, November 1st to January 28th
Organization: The Bruce Trail Conservancy (BTC)
Location: 55 Head St, Suite 101, Dundas, Ontario
Start Date: November 1st
Hours: Full-Time Monday to Friday 8:30 to 4:30 pm
The Bruce Trail Conservancy is seeking an outgoing, organized individual who has great customer service skills and data entry skills. The Bruce Trail Conservancy offers a collegial work environment where creativity, initiative, personal commitment to excellence, and the spirit of teamwork are highly valued.
Reporting to the Director of Organizational Resources this position is responsible for providing excellent customer service at our front desk, inputting data into our Raiser’s Edge database, processing membership, donation and product orders, and shipping packages in a timely manner. Reception is our first point of contact with new members, donors, volunteers, and customers and as such plays a key role in the work of the Bruce Trail Conservancy.
- Greet visitors to the BTC Head office, answer phones and respond to inquiries in a timely, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional manner.
- Assist in maintaining the Bruce Trail Store, upkeep our store display, and organize stock
- Prepare and distribute information packages to potential and new members
- Process cash, cheques, and credit cards for the purchase of products, memberships, and donations
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in an open-plan office environment
- High familiarity with MS Office products
- Experience working in an online retail environment would be an asset
- Some knowledge of the Bruce Trail
This is a Work to Grow funded position, to be eligible, you must:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have been granted refugee status
- Identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or a Person of Colour
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources email@example.com by 4pm on Tuesday, October 19th
Volunteers also play a key role in our conservation and trail work. Check out BTC Volunteer Opportunities and choose from a variety of outdoor and indoor opportunities with various levels of commitment.