Map 42 - Peninsula - Bruce Peninsula National Park, Access for through-hiking BTC Members
Map 42, Edition 29
Jun. 20 2019
Access for Through-Hiking BTC Members at Bruce Peninsula National Park’s Head of Trails
Thanks to an agreement reached between Parks Canada and the Peninsula Bruce Trail Club, access at Bruce Peninsula National Park’s “Head of Trails” at Cyprus Lake Road is extended to through-hiking BTC members using Head of Trails as a starting or ending point.
This access includes:
1. Extended parking (longer than the regular 4-hour current maximum)
2. Retrieval of vehicle at no additional charge
3. Drop-off or pick-up of through-hiking BTC members
And is exclusively available for:
• Bruce Trail Conservancy members with a membership card who are through-hiking (that is, not day visitors beginning and ending their hike at Head of Trails), as space allows (5 spots total).
Here is how it works:
1) EXTENDED PARKING
- At the Parks Canada gatehouse on Cyprus Lake Road, one BTC member per vehicle must show a BTC membership card and indicate to Parks Canada gate staff that they are hiking through and will need extended parking hours.
- The BTC member pays the standard Parks Canada Day Use fee
- Parks Canada gate staff will direct the BTC member to parking area P2, which is slated for overnight parking (Note: this arrangement does NOT cover overnight parking of BTC member vehicles)
- Hikers intending to use this arrangement should NOT use Parks Canada’s reservation website, but arrange upon arrival on a first-come, first-served basis
- 5 parking spaces are available, arranged on a first-come, first-served basis
2) RETRIEVAL OF VEHICLES
- Through-hiking BTC members who began their hike at Head of Trails (and left their vehicle in the extended parking area as above) may return in a second vehicle to retrieve their vehicle in the extended parking area at no additional cost.
- Through-hiking BTC members returning to retrieve a vehicle, need to indicate such to Parks Canada gate staff on Cyprus Lake Road.
3) ACCESS FOR DROP-OFF or PICK-UP of HIKERS
- Through-hiking BTC members may use local transportation to be dropped off or picked up at Head of Trails
- However, Parks Canada Day Use fees still apply to these hikers, regardless of whether a vehicle is left.
- Don’t forget your BTC Membership Card. You must show it in order to be eligible for this access. Contact BTC head office at 1-800-665-4453 or email@example.com if you need a replacement card.
- Parks Canada Day Use fees are still required regardless of whether the member is parking a vehicle or being dropped off or picked up.
- This arrangement is for through-hikers and not day visitors.
- Parking is limited to 5 spots, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Parking spots will not be available for overnight parking.
For information on regular day visits to the Grotto or camping at Cyprus Lake visit the Bruce Peninsula National Park website:
- The Grotto:
- Camping at Cyprus Lake Campground: