One of the most cost-effective ways to support the Bruce Trail Conservancy is with the gift of securities today or through your estate.
Securities can include stocks, mutual funds, segregated funds, bonds, flow-through shares, and employee stock options.
Benefits of Donating Securities
By donating securities directly to the Bruce Trail Conservancy, rather than cashing them in and donating the proceeds:
- You eliminate the capital gains tax
- You receive a charitable tax receipt for the full closing value of the securities
- You can make the donation easily. The transfer can be done electronically by your broker from your account to the Bruce Trail Conservancy's account.
Donating securities is easy and efficient:
- Contact the Bruce Trail Conservancy to advise us of your gift at 1-800-665-4453 ext. 233 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the securities transfer form and send one copy to your broker and the other to the Bruce Trail Conservancy by mail, fax or email.
- Your broker initiates the trade and transfers your gift of securities to the Bruce Trail Conservancy. This usually happens electronically and within 3-5 business days.
- Bruce Trail Conservancy sells the securities and receives the current value.
- You receive a tax-receipt for the full closing value of the securities on the day the Bruce Trail Conservancy receives it.
- Your gift contributes to preserving a ribbon of wilderness, for everyone, forever.
Please seek professional advice from a financial advisor before making a gift of securities, and for a full explanation of the tax benefits for you.