Database Administrator (12 mth contract) - Deadline May 24, 2019
On-Trail Ambassador (part-time, summer contract) - Deadline May 17, 2019
Location: Bruce Trail Conservancy office, 55 Head St, Suite 101, Dundas, Ontario
Full time, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Bruce Trail Conservancy is seeking a Database Administrator to join our Development Team to assist in the ongoing operation of our Raiser’s Edge database.
The successful candidate will ideally have Raiser’s Edge Professional Certification and 5+ years Raiser's Edge experience within a non-profit environment.
You are a team player and will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the system and the requirements of the fundraising functions that it supports.
Your technical expertise in operating Raiser's Edge will include importing and exporting of data, extracting and analysing data, Crystal Reports, data mapping, developing and implementing policies to guide data entry, documenting database changes, maintaining the integrity of the data, and ensuring that the database effectively captures donor and supporter information and generates accurate financial and analytical reports.
- Provide training and support to all staff on the Raiser’s Edge database
- Provide Crystal Reports and train staff in execution of reports
- Manage the Monthly Pledge Program by maintaining and updating credit card and banking databases, processing transactions in database, maintaining up-to-date donor information by contacting donors when necessary, issuing year-end tax receipts and thank you letters
- Prepare donor lists for direct mail campaigns and Bruce Trail Magazine recognition
- Track donors against the donor recognition program and provide reports to the Development Team
- Manage registration to donor events
- Import and export of data; work with team members to facilitate connection between Raiser’s Edge and BTC website
- Take minutes for all fundraising meetings
- Manage prospect recording and reporting
- Post-Secondary Education with University Degree preferred; equivalent related experience will be considered
- Raiser’s Edge professional certification and 5+ years of Raiser’s Edge experience
- Experience with Luminate Online and ImportOMatic an asset
- High familiarity with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to transfer knowledge and train others
- Strong customer/donor service
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to Human Resources attn: Jackie Randle at email@example.com by 4pm on Friday, May 24, 2019
Location: Along the Bruce Trail in the Hamilton Area
Hours: Part-time Saturdays, Sundays and Holiday Mondays (10-15 hours/week + travel time from BTC Head Office in Dundas)
Dates: Mid-June to Mid-October
The Bruce Trail Conservancy is seeking an On-Trail Ambassador to conduct outreach at key spots on the Bruce Trail to promote membership, safe and appropriate trail use, and awareness of this vital natural resource. The outreach booth will help to sell memberships and products for the Bruce Trail Conservancy, which help to secure the funds need for our conservation work and to fulfill our environmental mission of preserving and conserving the Niagara Escarpment, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
The successful candidate will spend 5 hours per day, Saturday, Sunday and Holiday Mondays at pre-determined locations on the Bruce Trail talking to trail users. Training will be provided.
You must be an outgoing person, willing to start up conversations and be able to process transactions using the Bruce Trail Square.
- Must have access to a vehicle
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Comfortable working independently on the Trail
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Friday May 17th attention – Jackie Randle.