Making responsible changes to our hiking approach will keep us all safer and healthier.
As lands and trails re-open, please keep these measures in mind:
- Check what is open by visiting our Trail changes page and the websites of parks and other public landowners.
- Be prepared to make parking reservations at popular parks and conservation areas.
- Be prepared to change your destination if you find the trail or trailhead busy.
Practice Physical Distancing
- Keep 6 feet (2 m) apart from anyone not in your 'social circle' of up to 10 people
- Move aside to allow others to pass.
- Respect any trail or facility closures.
Expect No Facilities
- Do not expect public washrooms to be open.
- Walk or hike for shorter spans of time.
Leave No Trace
- Pack out everything you bring on your hike - including disposable face masks, food waste, and dog poop. Garbage cans are overflowing at many popular sites.