Updated Nov. 20, 2020
To keep yourself and others safe and healthy, please heed these guidelines:
- Avoid travelling outside your municipality/region.
- Check what is open by visiting our Trail changes page and the websites of parks and other public landowners.
- Be prepared to make parking reservations at popular parks and conservation areas.
- Be prepared to change your destination if you find the trail or trailhead busy.
Stay home if you are unwell
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, stay home.
Practice Physical Distancing
- Keep 6 feet (2 m) apart from anyone not in your household.
- Move aside to allow others to pass.
- If on a group hike with a Bruce Trail Club: wearing a mask is strongly recommended
- Respect any trail or facility closures.
Expect No Facilities
- Do not expect public washrooms to be open.
- Walk or hike for shorter spans of time.
Leave No Trace
- Pack out everything you bring on your hike - including disposable face masks, food waste, and dog poop. Garbage cans are overflowing at many popular sites.
Guidelines for Group Hikes with a Bruce Trail Club