Our Bruce Trail community abounds with stories. We want to hear yours.
For over 50 years, people have been exploring, building, and sharing the Bruce Trail. During this time, our wonderful footpath has been the setting, and occasionally the main character, in stories of adventure, love, inspiration, hardship, comradery, surprise, reflection, joy, and more. We want to hear your Bruce Trail story.
What role has the Bruce Trail played in your life? What experiences, memories, or traditions have been born on the Trail? As a member, volunteer, donor, landowner, or hiker why have you chosen to be part of our community? From life-changing end-to-ends, to friendships made, to seemingly ordinary moments. Every story is welcomed.
Essay, poem, lyrics, journal, blog - your story can take any of these forms.
Submissions can be anonymous. Photos to accompany your words are welcomed.
- Submissions may be made via online form (requires a Google login to facilitate uploading of a photo) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions can take the form of essay, poem, lyrics, journal or blog and should be no longer than 600 words.
- While submissions do not have to be about hiking, all stories must relate directly to an experience on or with the Bruce Trail.
- Entrants are encouraged to include an accompanying photo.
- Any submitted stories must be the original work of the author. Stories may be published anonymously if the author desires. Previously published work is acceptable and should be indicated as such.
- Any submission that promotes actions conflicting with the Bruce Trail Users’ Code, or illegal or inappropriate activities, will be disqualified.
- Submissions may also be selected to be featured in one of other communication channels including emails, newsletters, fundraising materials and social media. If so, you may be contacted by one of our staff for more details.
- Stories received may be edited for length and clarity. You will have the opportunity to see any edits before it goes to print.
- Submissions will be accepted throughout the year and do not need to be resubmitted for consideration in future issues.
- Submit new stories as often as you would like. Stories from the same author will not be published in Bruce Trail Conservancy Magazine within 4 issues (1 year) of each other.