Is your company looking for a unique volunteer opportunity? Look no further than the Bruce Trail.
Corporate volunteering provides an opportunity to support your local community, do some team building and boost moral amongst your staff. Come join us for some fresh air, hiking and some hard work giving back to the Bruce Trail Conservancy!
A typical corporate volunteering event includes:
- A staff guide from the Bruce Trail Conservancy to lead the day and the activity
- An interpretive hike along the local section of Bruce Trail
- An opportunity to give back through a rehabillitation activity that may include a trail clean-up, invasive species removal, planting, or another activity as per the needs of the property.
For each corporate volunteer event, we ask that in lieu of an event price, a donation be made to the Bruce Trail Conservancy. Donations help to cover the costs associated with creating a fantastic volunteer day for your group and continue to support our mission.
1-19 people - please consider a donation within the range of $500-$1000 to the Bruce Trail Conservancy
20 - 40 people - please consider a donation within the range of $1000-$1500 to the Bruce Trail Conservancy
Larger groups can be accommodated but require more planning to make them possible - please contact us and consider making a donation of at minimum $2000.
Things to note:
- Participants will be asked to wear closed-toe footwear, and appropriate clothing for the hike
- A typical event begins at 10:00am and will run until 2:00-3:00pm
- Events occur rain or shine - in the event of severe weather, events will be postponed and rescheduled as availability allows.
- All tools for the work will be provided, but participants may be asked to bring a pair of work or gardening gloves.
- Groups will be responsible for organizing lunch and water - groups may choose to bring a picnic lunch, while others may opt to conclude their event earlier in the afternoon following their event for an offsite lunch instead.
- There are often no bathroom facilities on site, and participants will be encouraged to carpool where possible as some properties may have limited parking.
All corporate volunteer events are held Monday to Friday.
For more information or to get started planning your corporate event with the Bruce Trail Conservancy, please contact Meghan Croll, Volunteer Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org