Join a network of conservation-minded youth
and be the voice of the next generation for the Bruce Trail Conservancy!
The Bruce Trail Conservancy (BTC) Youth Council launched in Fall 2021. We are seeking passionate individuals, ages 18-25, who are interested in trails and conservation, to form our first Youth Council and share their skills and voice in support of preserving a ribbon of wilderness.
Why Join the BTC Youth Council?
- Connect with other youth to discuss relevant environmental issues.
- Provide advice to the BTC on ways to engage youth in meaningful ways.
- Participate in online and in-person events centered around environmental education, hiking, and professional development
- Learn about and help develop opportunities for youth volunteering along the Bruce Trail.
- Get relevant, timely volunteer experience in a environmental, non-profit setting.
- Support the BTC mission: Preserving a ribbon of wilderness, for everyone, forever.
Upcoming General Council meeting dates: February 13th, March 13th, April 10th, May 15th - 7:00pm, on Zoom
Two Ways to be Involved
Join as a general member at any point to be involved in monthly Zoom meetings, attend virtual and in-person events, and share your voice. If you are interested in taking on more of a leadership role, applications to join the Executive Committee will open again in Fall 2022.
Youth Council, General Member
All general member applicants will be invited to join monthly Youth Council virtual meetings. This is a flexible opportunity for those interested in getting involved.
General Members will:
- Attend monthly Youth Council virtual meetings.
- Provide their voice and opinion on important issues related to conservation and the environment with relation to the Bruce Trail Conservancy.
- Participate in events and professional development opportunities.
- Be invited to join the BTC Youth Council social media group to stay connected with other involved Youth Council members, and attend virtual and in-person events.
Youth Council, Executive Committee Member
Executive Committee members will take a leadership role on the Youth Council, serving in their role from October 2021-May 2022.
Executive Committee Members will:
- Determine the goals and objectives of the Youth Council.
- Plan and execute events.
- Help build the youth network of the Bruce Trail Conservancy.
A Chair and Vice Chair will be selected to lead the group, and a staff advisor from the BTC will support the Executive Committee and Youth Council.
The role of an Executive Committee member will require a regular commitment of joining monthly virtual meetings, with additional calls as needed, assisting in planning of events, and being an active member by serving as a voice for youth in the Bruce Trail community.
Executive Committee spots will be limited. If you are not selected to join the Executive Committee this year, you will be invited to join as a general member with lots of opportunities to still be involved. You only need to apply once. The Executive Committee will dissolve in May, with a new Executive Committee to be selected annually each fall.
Contact Meghan Croll at email@example.com.