Thank you for your interest in giving back to the Bruce Trail through volunteering.
Our current opportunities are listed below.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please complete the online volunteer application or email the listed contact directly. If interested in a specific volunteer position, please identify so in your application.
Training and support is always available from helpful and experienced members. For a full description on duties and responsibilities of all volunteer positions, click on the links.
Bruce Trail Conservancy
- Board of Directors:
See our Call for Board Nominations for information about this opportunity. Deadline is June 22, 2022.
- Head Office Volunteers: Fund Development support
Support the BTC Fund Development team in its efforts. Jobs may include making donor thank-you calls, assisting with seasonal mailings, and researching grant opportunities.
The Niagara Club is currently seeking new volunteers for the following roles:
- Landowner Relations Director
- Land Acquisitions Committee Director - The Land Acquisition Committee Director (or alternate) will source candidate properties for purchase, attend monthly LAC committee meetings; participate in all acquisition discussions/decisions at both the BTC and NBTC levels.
For interest in one of these roles, please contact the Niagara Bruce Trail Club directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a volunteer application and note interest in a position.
The Iroquoia Bruce Trail Club is seeking to fill an important role on its Board of Directors:
The Blue Mountains Bruce Trail Club is recruiting for a variety of roles within the club:
- Document Manager and Archivist
- Land Steward
- Events and Fundraising Team
- Trail Development and Maintenance
- Hike Leaders
The Beaver Valley Club is currently seeking new volunteers for the following roles:
- Communications & Publicity Director
- Hike Leader - Lead hikes for members and non-members, set the routes, set the pace and point out areas of interest to hike members
- Trail Maintenance - Help with construction and repairs on the Trail. This includes a need for more Flying Squad Members.
- Trail Captain - Maintain the Bruce Trail and side trails in a designated section.
The Sydenham Club is currently seeking new volunteers for the following roles:
- Vice President - The Vice-President will assist the Club President as the occasion demands, including act in place of the President when the President is unavailable.
- Trail Director (Sydenham East area) - Responsible for the planning and oversight of maintenance, and overall quality of the Trail through the eastern half of the Sydenham section, and for the overall organization of trail work with Trail Captains and other trail volunteers.
The Peninsula Club is currently seeking new volunteers for the following roles: