August 9, 2021 UPDATE
The BTC Hiking Program is resuming in concert with Ontario's three-step plan for reopening.
As the Province moved into Step 3 of re-opening (beginning July 16, 2021), the BTC hike program opened some hikes to non-members with capacity limit of 100 hikers. Clubs may choose to set lower capacity limits. Some hikes may be for BTC members only while others are open to the public. Registration is required.
Hiking guidelines for personal hiking remain:
- Plan ahead (check for Trail Changes or Reservation requirements)
- Expect no facilities: Toilets and garbage bins may be unavailable. Plan accordingly.
- Practice physical distancing
- Leave no trace
- Individual End-to-End hikes of the entire Bruce Trail were able to resume in Step 1 of the Province's re-opening plan and will be recognized.
- Club Section End-to-End Hikes may resume in Step 3.
The Trail Angel volunteer transportation service (offered by some Bruce Trail Clubs) remains mostly on hold.
Currently, the following Clubs have resumed their Trail Angel service:
Please check the Club’s website for more information. Please note that masks and open windows/good ventilation are mandatory for all Trail Angel rides. It is recommended that passengers ride in the backseat.
BTC Office & Store: