Landowner Relations Workshop *POSTPONED*
BTC Head Office, 55 Head St. Unit 101, Dundas, ON
April 08, 2020 from 09:00 AM until 04:00 PM
EVENT POSTPONED. NEW DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED.
This is the second of two workshops for volunteers who would like to learn more about the work of the Bruce Trail Conservancy as a land trust, landowner relations and how this magnificent ribbon of wilderness is secured. (The first is our Land Securement Workshop on April 1, 2020)
These workshops are an opportunity for volunteers to build skills, network and share on-the-ground experiences and ideas in land securement and landowner relations.
In this Landowner Relations Workshop we’ll share a number of new initiatives that will increase landowner outreach and strengthen landowner relationships, with particular focus on our new Landowner Stewardship Program.
- Megan Lalli, Landowner Stewardship Coordinator at Trout Unlimited Canada, will share her experience working with landowners in Niagara to restore Twelve Mile Creek
Other discussion topics will include:
- New Landowner Stewardship Program (Lead: Lyndsey Wilkerson, BTC Landowner Stewardship Coordinator)
- Role of Landowner Relations Ambassadors
- Benefits of trails to the community and the landowner
- Common questions landowners have about the BTC, the Bruce Trail, handshake agreements, and land conservation options
- Tutorial on BTC cadastral maps and the landowner contact database (Lead: Scott Langley, BTC Manager of GIS & Cartographic Services).
Light breakfast and lunch are included
Contact Joel Swagerman at email@example.com or 1-800-665-4453 ext. 231 by March 25.