Land Securement Workshop *POSTPONED*
BTC Head Office, 55 Head St. Unit 101, Dundas, ON
April 01, 2020 from 09:00 AM until 04:00 PM
EVENT POSTPONED. NEW DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED.
This is the first of two workshops for volunteers who would like to learn more about the work of the Bruce Trail Conservancy as a land trust, landowner relations and how this magnificent ribbon of wilderness is secured. (The second is our Landowner Relations Workshop on April 8, 2020)
These workshops are an opportunity for volunteers to build skills, network and share on-the-ground experiences and ideas in land securement and landowner relations.
In this Land Securement Workshop we’ll look at the Bruce Trail corridor and the different options available to secure it in each of the Club sections.
- Ron Mak, VP, Ontario Land Surveyor at Van Harten Surveying will share his expertise on reference plans and surveys
Other discussion topics will include:
- Overview of the BTC and land securement in each Club section (properties, trail length, characteristics, what’s secured and what’s not)
- Tutorial on BTC cadastral maps and the landowner contact database (Lead: Scott Langley, BTC Manager of GIS & Cartographic Services)
- Benefits of trails to the community and the landowner
- How land is valued
- Negotiation strategies we use to reach ‘yes’ with landowners
- Introduction to new Landowner Stewardship Program (Lead: Lyndsey Wilkerson, BTC Landowner Stewardship Coordinator)
Light breakfast and lunch are included
Contact Joel Swagerman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-665-4453 ext. 231 by March 25.