The Bruce Trail Conservancy has been responsible for the preservation of 10,000 acres of Niagara Escarpment land since 1974. To celebrate this remarkable milestone reached this year, we want to showcase the beauty of our preserved land through the eyes, and camera lenses, of our members.
We invite you to explore and photograph 9 Bruce Trail Conservancy Nature Reserves - one in each Bruce Trail Club section - and submit your finest photos of them to our 2016 Photo Contest.
|Entry Deadline:||Sept. 19, 2016 (11:59 pm EST)||
Contest open to members of the Bruce Trail Conservancy.
|Voting Online:||Sept. 28 - Oct. 10, 2016|
|Winner Announced:||Oct. 11, 2016|
Members have until September 19, 2016 to explore these areas as they'd like and submit up to 5 images to the 2016 Photo Contest.
From the entries, 9 finalists will be chosen by a panel of BTC judges - one winner for each Nature Reserve area. The grand prize winner will be chosen from these nine in an online public vote at brucetrail.org.
Grand Prize: $300 gift card from Henry's Camera and have his/her image featured on the back cover of the Winter 2016-17 issue of Bruce Trail Magazine.
Finalists will have their images featured inside the Winter 2016-17 issue of Bruce Trail Magazine.
Visit as many of these Bruce Trail Conservancy Nature Reserves as you'd like and don't forget your camera!
1. Thirty Mile Creek - Niagara [Map >>]
2. Grindstone Creek area - Iroquoia [Map >>]
3. Speyside area - Toronto [Map >>]
4. Cedar Highlands - Caledon Hills [Map >>]
5. Splitrock Narrows - Dufferin Hi-Land [Map >>]
6. Duntroon Crevice Heights - Blue Mountains [Map >>]
7. Pinnacle Rock - Beaver Valley [Map >>]
8. Fossil Glen - Sydenham [Map >>]
9. Malcolm Bluff Shores - Peninsula [Map >>]
Note: Some of the above are actually areas that contain more than one BTC Nature Reserve. Submitted photographs may be from any of the areas indicated on those maps as "BTC managed land".
BTC Photo Contest Rules & Regulations 2016
(.pdf, 161.7 KB)
How to Enter
1. Read the BTC Photo Contest Rules & Regulations 2016
2. Visit as many of the 9 BTC Nature Reserves above as you would like.
3. Become a Member of the Bruce Trail Conservancy (if you are not already).
This contest is open to all BTC members, and only to BTC members.
4. Create a Member Login on the BTC Website (if you haven't already)
You'll need your member number and last name to do so.
5. Upload photos to your member profile on the BTC website.
6. Submit your chosen photos to the Contest.
NOTE: Please retain a high resolution copy of your photo. The BTC website automatically reduces the size of the photo when uploading. Maximum file size that can be uploaded is 5 MB.
|Uploading or Login Difficulties?
Contact BTC Membership Coordinator, Laura Tuohy at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.665.4453 ext. 29
A panel from the Bruce Trail Conservancy will select nine (9) finalists from eligible entries based on three criteria:
Finalists will be contacted between Sept. 20-25, 2016.
The nine finalists will be posted on the BTC website for members and the public to pick their favorite. Voting begins Sept. 28, 2016.
The image with the greatest number of votes in the online vote will be deemed the winner of the Contest. The winner will be announced in the Winter 2016/17 issue of the Bruce Trail Magazine. All 9 finalist images will appear within the Winter 2016/17 issue.