The Bruce Trail Conservancy's Mission
The Bruce Trail Conservancy is a charitable organization committed to establishing a conservation corridor containing a public footpath along the Niagara Escarpment, in order to protect its natural ecosystems and to promote environmentally responsible public access
to this UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
The Bruce Trail Conservancy and its partners will secure a conservation corridor along the entire Niagara Escarpment that contains the Bruce Trail. Our steadfast commitment to responsible land stewardship will significantly contribute to the preservation and enhancement of the Escarpment ecosystem.
The Bruce Trail Conservancy Values:
- Our public and private landholders who partner with us
to offer public access to the conservation corridor.
- Our dedicated Bruce Trail Conservancy Clubs
(9), who maintain the trails and manage the lands under our care.
- The donors, landowners and public agencies who partner
with us to continually expand the conserved lands along the Niagara
- The dedication, time and support of our large base of
volunteers and members, and of our staff.
- The restoration and stewardship of the lands under our
- The responsible use of the trails for public safety and
for minimal environmental impact.
- Our role in providing educational resources and
opportunities about the Niagara Escarpment.
- Our role in providing national and international
expertise in land stewardship and trail management.
- Our role in Niagara Escarpment ecosystem management and
- Our collaboration with like-minded BTC partners which
produces measurable benefits toward the achievement of our mission and