Delays expected during our system upgrade
The Bruce Trail Conservancy is in the process of upgrading our database system to better serve our supporters.
Unfortunately this complex project has experienced some issues which has affected our ability to process memberships and issue membership numbers, cards and tax receipts in a timely manner.
Please expect a longer than usual turnaround time.
Rest assured, if you made a donation or purchased a membership in 2016, you will receive a 2016 charitable donation tax receipt, reflecting the date the payment was received (or postmarked).
Thank you in advance for your patience. Please watch this space for updates.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS during this transition period
(Updated: January 3, 2017)
I have made an online donation/membership purchase. When can I expect my tax receipt and/or membership card?
- Tax receipts for online donations and memberships are issued automatically by email (as of September 26, 2016). These emails are sent on the day you make your payment. Please check your "Junk" or "Spam" folder if you do not see it in your inbox, or contact us at email@example.com to request that it be resent.
- Tax receipts for online donations and memberships made between Sept 1-26 are being sent by mail.
- Membership cards for online membership purchases are being issued and we are currently working through a backlog. Thank you for your patience.
I have made a donation/membership by mail/over the phone. When can I expect my tax receipt and/or membership card?
- Donations: Tax Receipts for mailed/phoned-in donations are being sent by mail. We are currently working through a backlog. Rest assured, if you made a donation or purchased a membership in 2016, you will receive a 2016 charitable tax receipt, reflecting the date the payment was received (or postmarked).
- Memberships: Membership Cards and Tax Receipts for mailed/phoned in membership renewals have been mailed.
How will I receive my Club Newsletter, Hike Schedule & Bruce Trail Magazine?
- Your Bruce Trail Magazine & Club Newsletters may arrive by mail later than usual, or your newsletter delivery by email may have been affected. During this period, you can access these items online without your Member login at the following links:
Club Newsletters >>
Bruce Trail Magazine >>
How will my online Member Login be affected?
How can I purchase products with a Member discount?
- If your membership is active online, you may purchase products with a Member discount by using your existing Member Login.
- If you are joining or renewing online, be sure to place products in your online cart at the SAME TIME as a membership and then applicable discounts will be applied.
- If you have recently joined or recently renewed your membership, your membership will not be updated on the BTC website and so a discount cannot be applied online. To purchase products with a Member discount, please call 1-800-665-4453 ext 221 and have available your membership number or online "Order ID" number from your membership purchase.
When will I receive my product from the BTC store?
- We are processing our product-only orders within our regular 10 business day timeframe.
- If your order includes a membership or donation along with a product, most of the membership package will be mailed with the product but your Membership Card and Tax Receipt will follow by mail after our system upgrade is complete.
My order was a gift (e.g. gift membership, gift of product, donation In Memory/In Honour). What can the recipient expect?
- We will endeavor to process our product-only orders within our regular 10 business day timeframe.
- Footsteps packages, Presents for Preservation, and acknowledgements of Memorial donations will be sent to the recipients as soon as possible within our regular 10 business day timeframe.
- If your gift order involves a membership, the recipient will receive most of their membership package first - including a card letting them know of your gift. In the package will also be a note from the BTC indicating that their membership card will follow in a subsequent mailing and that they will receive online access as soon as possible after our system upgrade is complete.
Thank you for your understanding as we work through this transition period.
Please watch this space for updates.
July 12, 2016